My Weight Loss Progress!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quoting MsBC! Feeling Good NOW

I mentioned in the post before that I'm a follower of this cool lady, and something she said on her comment page in response to someone's question really hit me. Here's what she said:

"When I was 208 pounds (or 180 or whatever) and doing NOTHING to improve myself, it did not matter how many people told me I was beautiful - I had zero confidence. However, at 200 pounds or 175 or 145, when I am taking care of myself I radiate confidence. Just knowing I am doing the right thing makes me feel better - almost instantly - even before seeing physical results. It's when I know I am taking care of myself that I feel confident - and that was true of myself at every size. I hope that makes sense."

One of the reasons I love following blogs is I often find that the way people express themselves helps me in my process to do self-inventory and pinpoint how I'm feeling. I've written a lot of materials and used to love to write on blogs. But, over the years, as this one area of my life became something I stuffed deep within me, I seemed to have lost the words to express how I'm feeling about the struggle, the journey, the effort, myself, my view, my heart... Reading different blogs of people on similar journeys jars me and helps me articulate what I feel inside... Once I can pinpoint that, I can usually work towards a solution instead of turning to food. Knowing is half the battle. Amen? Amen.

Anyway, about what MsBC said up there.... How true is that?!

I can tell you that whenever I was in a season of a HEALTHY weight-loss process by watching what I was eating and moving/exercising - I always felt better. It didn't matter if I was still wearing the size 20 or dropped down to 18; I felt GOOD and confident.

That's the way it's supposed to be. I think that's why I admire so many bloggers I follow, this crowd of witnesses I'm conjouring up. Because they are in the process of caring about themselves and that joy & hope is contagious.

The last few days, "Just knowing I was dong the right thing" made me feel better instantaneously as well! It still does!

What a great "A-Ha!" moment....

I feel good about today's choices. I had breakfast, which is a struggle for me. I had my veggies and fruits in my meals and snacks as well as some lean protein. And I'm about to pack up and head home, with a contented stomach from the apple I just ate.

If I wait too long and am starving, I'll end up caving and eating something on the side of the road or something full of carbs and sweets once I get home.

What would I have changed today that I can apply tomorrow?

Stop the coffee intake. I was off caffeine for two months (HUGE victory) and it started creeping back into my diet the last few weeks as I've been traveling around the country training some teams getting ready to head to different countries...

Anyway, I just wanted to write a bit on here, thank those of you who are reading and following... and make Ms. BC's comment my goal:

FEEL GOOD NOW, FRIEND. LET'S FEEL GOOD ABOUT OURSELVES NOW. Not after the next ten or hundred pounds, but NOW. Because we are making steps in a direction we haven't before.

Here's to the journey!

PS Do you know where I can find those cool weight tickers/tracker things?

3 comments:

  1. What a great thing to take away from my blog and comment! I am so glad you took that away from it, because that's so true. You have to feel good NOW. You may not currently be the size you want or look the way you wish you looked, but you *can* feel great by making better choices and knowing you are doing the things that will get you to that point. I'm happy I responded to your comment (I rarely get the time to do that) and that it meant so much to you. You go, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, anonymous girl!

    Re: weight tickers. If you look on my blog, under my ticker is the site info. You can click on the name to get to the site. For some reason, my ticker didn't copy as well as others--I have extra info re: the site that I can't get off. I had trouble finding the right code. If you do yours--and get the right code, let me know what it is! I'll redo mine the right way. :D

    Now. Loved this post! It reminded me of a post that Keelie of "Real Fat" wrote some time ago. She talked about the fact that as soon as you decide to adopt a healthy lifestyle and begin to make those changes, that right then--at that moment-- you are changed. You have a healthy lifestyle. You don't have to wait until you lose your 100 pounds. (She said it better, but it's been awhile.)

    You know, you might like her blog. She's a Christian, just a few years older than you. She has kind of a fun blog--with serious, God-filled moments. I'll email you her link. :D

    Loved this post! so glad you're back.

    Deb

    P.S. I'm doing the challenge, by the way. I'll put details on my blog by Thursday. You can pick your own goals, so you ought to be able to pick something you can manage while gone. Although that will be TRICKY! Be reasonable with yourself, you know? I'd love you to take part, tho. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya

    I got my tickers from TickerFactory.com
    They are helping me to stay on track with my activities too...updating these makes me feel me feel good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Weigh-In!